Help & Support
To register for mobile banking, you'll need your Digipass and customer number. The steps you take to register are the same as logging in to online banking. After downloading the app:
- Choose "Register for mobile banking" from the main menu
- Read and acknowledge your agreement with the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter your RaboDirect customer number in the first field
- Use your Digipass to generate an authorisation code (just like logging in) and enter it in the next field.
- Steps to generate your Digipass code are:
- Press the orange key to start your Digipass.
- Enter your 5 digit Digipass PIN.
- Your Digipass will display 'APPLI'.
- Press 1 to generate your 6 - 8 digit code, enter this code in the box and tap 'Continue'
- Choose and confirm a five digit PIN to use for mobile banking. When you choose your PIN, just make sure it's not 5 consecutive or repeating numbers.
- This process builds the Digipass in to your app. So after you've registered, you won't need to use your Digipass with the mobile app.
Visit RaboDirect.com.au/activate and complete three simple steps to activate your Digipass for the first time.
The first step is to get an activation code.
You will need to enter your customer number, date of birth and then select how you would like to receive your secure code (either via email or SMS).
Clicking ‘Send PIN’ will send the activation code via the preferred channel and will be delivered to you within 10 minutes.
The second step is to set your personal Digipass PIN.
To do this you will need to:
- Press the orange button on your Digipass
- Enter the 5 digit activation code that RaboDirect sent you either via email or SMS
- Enter your own new and unique 5 digit PIN
- Re-enter your new 5 digit PIN to confirm
- Your Digipass will now be active with your new PIN
No, you can only have 1 Digipass for each account you hold with us. If you have multiple accounts, e.g. personal and joint you will get multiple Digipasses, but you will only ever get one Digipass for each account.
Yes, you can download and register the RaboDirect Mobile Banking App on up to six devices per account.
To login to your account, three pieces of identification are required this is why it is vital that you keep your Digipass and PIN safe and secure and do not disclose your PIN to anyone. Also, funds can only be transferred in and out of your Linked account.
When you click on 'Login to your account' on the RaboDirect site, the URL should start with https://secure.rabodirect.com.au
Your browser may also display a padlock to indicate that you are in secure session. The position of the padlock on your screen will vary depending on your browser. This padlock identifies that a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is in place, designed to provide secure communications over the internet.
To verify the authenticity of the SSL, double click the padlock icon to view the certificate information. This should state that the certificate has been issued to secure.rabodirect.com.au.
They will often try to direct you to fraudulent websites via emails or offers in pop-up windows, asking for your personal information. In many cases there is no simple way to determine you are on a fake website because the URL (domain name) will contain the name of the institution it is imitating.
However, if you type, or cut and paste the URL into a new web browser window and it does not take you to the legitimate website, or you get an error message, it may have been a cover for a fake website. If you have any doubts please call us on 1800 445 445.
You will need to enter your customer number, Date of birth and then select how you would like to receive your secure code (either via email or SMS).
Clicking ‘Send PIN’ will send the unlock code via the preferred channel and will be delivered to you within 10 minutes.
The second step is to reset your personal Digipass PIN.
To do this you will need to:
- Press the orange key to start your Digipass
- Enter the unlock code received via email/SMS
- Enter your own and unique PIN, then enter this into your Digipass twice
We take the security of our customer’s information and investments very seriously and for this reason the Digipass and activation code are sent separately via different communication channels. This means that if the Digipass ends up in the wrong hands, your account cannot be accessed without the activation code, which can only be sent to you, and vice versa.
RaboDirect is committed to keeping your money and identity secure. This is why all our customers get a free Digipass. The Digipass provides leading online banking security and is much safer than a simple username and password. It randomly generates single-use security access codes for logging in and authorising transactions.
We take pride in our excellent security record and we are very careful to maintain it. Now you can bank online with complete peace of mind.
- Press the orange button on your Digipass
- Enter your existing 5 digit PIN
- When the Digipass displays APPLI, Press and hold the orange button for approximately 2 seconds
- Screen will display NEW PIN -----
- Enter your new 5 digit PIN
- Re-enter your new 5 digit PIN to confirm your Digipass will now be active with your new PIN.
You'll be prompted to reset your registration using your customer number and Digipass (just like when you first registered for mobile banking).
Remember: Always use your personalised five-digit PIN code. (Your initial five-digit PIN code is only ever used to set up your Digipass).
If your Digipass is displaying ‘LOCK PIN’ followed by characters or numbers, please refer to the “How do I unlock my Digipass?” FAQ question.
If your Digipass has stopped working, don't try and replace the batteries, that will really kill it. Instead, complete the Digipass replacement form or call us on 1800 445 445 between 8am and 7pm (Sydney time) Monday to Friday to have a replacement Digipass sent to you.
Pop-up windows are the small windows or ads that appear suddenly over or under the window you are currently viewing. The vast majority of these are legitimate ads and pose no threat.
Fraudulent pop-up windows are a type of online fraud often used to obtain personal information. Pop-up windows are often the result of programs installed on your computer called 'adware' or 'spyware'.
These programs monitor your online activity and regularly come hidden inside many free downloads, such as music-sharing software or screen savers. Many of these programs enable harmless advertisements, but some contain 'Trojan horse' programs that can record your keystrokes (for account login) or relay other information to an unauthorised source.
Unsolicited, 'fake' emails called 'SPAM' often:
- Ask for personal or sensitive information.
- These emails often use generic greetings and may ask for your personal information to be confirmed by entering your details into a form.
- While some emails are easy to identify as fraudulent, others may appear to be from a legitimate address and trusted online source. However, you should not rely on the name or address in the 'From' field, as this is easily altered.
- Claim you have won a prize or a free gift. These emails will often ask you to provide personal information in order to collect the prize. Of course not all of these are fake. You should confirm that the prize or gift is from a company that you know and trust.
- Link to fake web sites. Fake emails may direct you to counterfeit websites carefully designed to look real, but which actually collect personal information for illegal use.
- Contain attachments like Word documents or PDFs that can contain viruses or might be tampered with to abuse security leaks in Microsoft Office or Acrobat Reader.
Your Digipass is the security token to access your RaboDirect account and authorise your transactions.
The Digipass randomly generates single-use security access codes for transaction authorisations.
Your Welcome Pack includes detailed instructions on how to use it so please keep these as a reference guide you can refer back to.
Phishing, pronounced 'fishing', is the term used to describe hackers who attempt to get access to sensitive information by posing as a legitimate company. They send emails from a fraudulent server address, pretending to be the real company or financial institution. These emails contain invitations or prompts for you to verify your account, enter a username or password into a fake copy of the company's real website.
Common security threats include phishing, fake emails, fake websites and fraudulent pop-up windows.
RaboDirect are acutely aware of these potential threats from would-be online fraudsters and hackers. Internet frauds often target static passwords and many people use the same password or PIN for multiple applications. This is why RaboDirect doesn't use static passwords.
Here are some security precautions anyone can adopt to increase their own levels of online security.
- Protect your Digipass and PIN
- Never share your Customer Number or Digipass PIN with anyone.
- Memorise your Customer Number and Digipass PIN. If you need to write them down, store them in a location separate from your Digipass or account numbers.
- Always keep your Digipass separate from your account number and your Digipass PIN.
- Do not write your Customer Number or Digipass PIN on a post-it note and stick it to your computer.
- Notify us immediately if your Digipass is lost or stolen and we will issue you with a replacement Digipass and PIN.
- Never send sensitive financial information to RaboDirect through regular email. RaboDirect customers have access to secure email within our secure transaction site.
- You should use our email function to communicate with us if you want to include information pertaining to your account statements or account details.
- We strongly recommend that you protect your computer from viruses by installing and regularly updating firewall and anti-virus software.
It may take up to 5 business days for your welcome pack to land in your mailbox.
You can receive your Digipass PIN either via SMS or Email using the following URL: https://www.rabodirect.com.au/activate.
It may take up to 5 business days for you to receive your Welcome Pack after we issue it. You can obtain your Digipass PIN either via SMS or Email via RaboDirect.com.au/activate and completing the steps.
Yes, don’t throw the Digipass away just yet. You will need it to set up the Mobile Banking App and it’s always handy to keep for a back up. For example, if you need to access online banking via your desktop.