Help us protect you
RaboDirect has a legal obligation to regularly review, collect and update customer information under the following Act: Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth).
Basically all it means is – RaboDirect like any other financial institution, must have relevant processes in place to manage our customer’s information so we can mitigate any money-laundering or terrorism-financing risks that may arise from providing services to our customers.
By introducing this process RaboDirect commits to meeting local and international regulatory requirements for anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing standards.
If you’d like more information on anti-money laundering and financial economic crime visit the AUSTRAC website at http://www.austrac.gov.au/
Frequently Asked Questions
- The name of the certifier, relevant qualification/title, date and should also be signed;
- That the copy is a true copy of the original.
- Legal practitioners, Judges or Magistrates
- Commonwealth court CEOs
- Registrar or deputy registrar of a court
- Justice of the Peace or notary public Police officer or Sheriff
- Chiropractors, dentists, optometrists or pharmacists
- Nurses or medical practitioners
- Patent or trademarks attorney
- Physiotherapists or Psychologists
- Veterinary Surgeons
- A person in charge of a post office
- A permanent post office employee with 2 or more years’ service
- An Australian consular or diplomatic officer
- An officer with 2 or more continuous years of service with a financial institution
- An officer with 2 or more continuous years of service with a finance company
- An officer or authorised representative of an AFSL with 2 or more continuous years of service
- A member of the Institute of Chartered accountants, CPA Australia or the National Institute of Accountants with 2 or more years of membership
- A member of the Commonwealth Parliament, State Parliament, a Territory
- Legislative or local government authority
- Teacher employed on a full-time basis at a school or tertiary institution
- An overseas notary public (must comply with the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961).
Please note there may be delivery delays with the Reply Paid Service beyond our control.
Any document that does not need to be certified can also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 1800 121 615 .
In this definition: control includes control as a result of, or by means of, trusts, agreements, arrangements, understandings and practices, whether or not having legal or equitable force and whether or not based on legal or equitable rights, and includes exercising control through the capacity to determine decisions about financial and operating policies; and
In this definition: owns means ownership (either directly or indirectly) 25% or more of the issued capital of the entity.